The Caribbean parts of the Netherlands included in the 2022 sailing are: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and St. Maarten.
Who needs a Dutch Caribbean visa?
No Caribbean Visa is required to travel to the Caribbean Netherlands in the following instances:
- if you are a cruise ship passenger and stay in port for less than 24-48 hours
- if you are transiting through a Caribbean Netherlands airport (eg. Princess Juliana airport in Saint Maarten), you must transit on the same day. This ONLY applies to citizens of China, and the countries of Africa. If these citizerns are wishing to spend time in St. Maarten, they must apply for a Dutch Caribbean visa. There are exceptions, see the link below.
All of those who opted for the 100% future cruise credit (FCC) should receive their credits around April 13, 2020.
All of those who did not opt will receive the 125% FCC without doing anything, and should receive their credits around the same time.
Anyone with FCC can apply 100% of it to booking of the 2021 cruise (cruise fare only) but only until May 31, 2020 and receive a refund of any overage. After that time, they can book the cruise but will have to pay a deposit and then be refunded for any balance. NOTE: future cruise credit cannot be used for prepaid hratuities ($101.50 USD pp), taxes, fees and port charges ($65.46 USD pp)
You have until December 31, 2021 to use your FCC on any Royal Caribbean cruise.
Here are some things you need to know about those moments just before you hop onboard.
- For the first day of your cruise, pack a small carry-on bag with your travel documents, a change of clothes, bathing suit, workout clothes and any medications you may need. That way you don't have to wait for your checked bags to arrive in your stateroom to start having fun.
- If you've never been to the departure port before, you can find and print directions here.
- We highly recommend that you take advantage of our Online Check-in which is available up to 72 hours prior to your sailing. This way, you can have the smoothest pier check-in and boarding.
- Log in to your Cruise Planner on our website prior to your sailing to book Shore Excursions, Dining reservations, and even entertainment on select sailings. This way you can spend your first day onboard exploring.
- Royal Caribbean International requires guests to be checked in no later than 60 minutes, sometimes 90 minutes, prior to the scheduled sailing time*. Guests arriving late will not be permitted to sail. * Some sailings may require an earlier check-in time.
- Your luggage tags will be included in your Guest Ticket Booklet. Please print as many copies as you need to make sure all your bags have their own luggage tag. This will help us easily identify your bags and have them delivered to your room while you explore the ship.
Here are some things you need to know about those moments just after you hop onboard.
- Head to the Windjammer Marketplace and enjoy a meal before heading to your stateroom.
- As soon as you enter your stateroom, you’ll find our Cruise Compass with schedules for all the onboard activities. And, if you’re a Crown & Anchor Society member, your benefits will already be loaded to your SeaPass card and ready to use!
- If you're traveling with family, pass by our Adventure Ocean area to register your kids in our fun, interactive, and age-appropriate activities. In addition to your Cruise Compass, you will receive a daily Adventure Ocean Kids Cruise Compass with specific youth program activities.
- Before departure, you must attend the mandatory pre-departure assembly muster drill to familiarize all guests and crew with the location (muster station) where they are to assemble in the unlikely event of an emergency.
- If the spa or fitness classes are your thing, we suggest making your appointments on the first day, as the most popular treatments and times fill up fast.
- Quench your thirst onboard with a beverage package. The ultimate in convenience and value, pay one set price and enjoy a vacation of endless refreshment.
- If specialty dining is more of your thing, check out our dining packages where you can experience several unique restaurants and enjoy great savings.